Saturday, September 14, 2013

weareallconnected, 


 Do you remember how I ended the song “Imagine – weareallconnected,”? It finished with the word: “weareallconnected,”, which is the new vocabulary I made up. And it’s not “we are all connected.”; every word should be connected like “weareallconnected” and don’t forget to add a comma “,” like “weareallconnected,”. And the meaning of this word is that we are all connected horizontally and vertically and the comma shows that it’ll continue as long as human beings exist. And it doesn’t mean an ideal but teachings on the principle of the world. It’s easy if you try but I wonder if you can
Well I really admire John Lennon and really like this song “Imagine”. But I have different opinions on some parts of original lyrics. For example, “Imagine no heaven”, although I don’t imagine the heaven as Christianity teaches, when I imagine “no heaven” in the world, my life would be too dark like the image of hell, because I’m a dreamer and love paradise:) And “No hell below us” doesn’t fit to my sense because if no hell, some people would commit crimes without hesitation. And then “And no religion too”, I have no any particular religion, but have my own religious sense toward God, gods, and Gods, and I think religion is very beautiful. And “Imagine no possessions”, it would mean, “Don’t be too greedy for things” but greediness is human nature, so even if one can do it, people wouldn’t be able to join you. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not criticism, but I just don’t seek for an ideal.
And I know John Lennon would have imagined some different scene, but the word, “brotherhood” in the “A brotherhood of man”, reminds me of “Fraternity” in the French Revolution, which sounds to me hypocritical and “too ideal”. And “Imagine there is no country”, it would be controversial. Years ago I saw graffiti, “No more wall!” on the Berlin Wall in Germany. I understood what it meant, but cynically speaking we need walls to protect ourselves. If we didn’t have skins, we would die tomorrow because skin is a wall. Likewise, we need country with borders. In recent years, so many Chinese and Koreans come to Japan by all means, smuggle themselves, overstay, fake marriage etc. and commit crimes a lot in Japan. Without borders and country, the world would be just chaos.  
Lastly “And the world will be as one”. I’m a dreamer, visionary and improviser but at the same time I’m a realist; I dream of paradise and live in my dream, yet it’s not for escapism. I love to face the reality because reality is more exciting than ideal regardless of good or bad. My point is that we should think of the world based on reality; I think the world can’t be “as one” for the time being as long as the current situation of the world continues. So I suggest an easy way for all to take with my word, weareallconnected,. My suggestion is that to make And the world will be as one happen in the not too distant future, first of all we should be aware that we are all connected horizontally and vertically. Here “horizontal” means “space” and “vertical” does “time”. Your act in developed country can influence a life of a girl in developing country; your act is connected to others horizontally over distance. An act of an ancestor 100 years ago can affect a life of a boy today; your act is connected to others vertically beyond time. And remember, History never forgets; if you do something wrong today, it’ll be revealed in the future. We can’t escape from the principle of “weareallconnected,”. All phenomena in the world are connected horizontally and vertically. We should be aware that we are loosely and realistically connected each other, which I call “invisible integration”. So all we should do is just simple: “To be kind to people next to you”. Just be kind and be humble! I think it’s easy enough for all to join and you can imagine, if everyone is kind each other, the world may be as one! 




No comments:

Post a Comment