Friday, March 29, 2013


Super MoidiB


 Let me introduce one of my students. She is beloved “MoidiB”. Please be careful! She like to spell her name ending with a capital “B”, this is her taste:))) So she is pretty MoidiB. And she is so pretty! And she is very pretty! And she is rather pretty! And she is pretty pretty! And she is super pretty! The reason why she is so pretty is that she is so pretty! Well, for this time you might get disgusted with me but I can’t help saying that she is pretty anyway. By the way “Super” in the title means “Super Pretty MoidiB”. I call her “Super MoidiB” in my mind because she is super-duper pretty.
Well, my adorable MoidiB currently studies in JHS-1, and according to her, she “seems” 19 years old. In one occasion, she wrote “22 years old” in her writing so I asked which was true, and she replied smiling “Oh, it’s a mistake, he, he, he:)” Some deaf children make mistakes even on spelling their name and age. Many children come to school behind age because parents don’t send their “deaf” children to school at the right age. Some colleagues say it’s “domestic discrimination” because those parents let “other” children go to school at the right age. In fact, majority of children are brought to the school behind age. In addition to the lack of sound in life, being deaf is subject to such an abrupt treatment by anyone in life, which brings them much harder life as a whole.
I like going to market to see local people there. In my impression, Ghanaians, even grown-ups, are very innocent, compared to people in Japan. When I talk to old people, sometimes I feel that they’re 100% pure without a stain in their heart and feel like being purified by taking to them. Normally innocence is lost by aging; the more age, the less innocence. Yet when you think about it, only 100% of purity should be called “innocence” because if there’s a stain in heart, it might no longer innocent; 99% of purity doesn’t exist, does it? Innocence in adulthood is practically rare. It sounds “miracle” to me that the whole atmosphere in market is filled with kindness created by innocence of people.
Let’s get back to my Super MoidiB. It was in June last year when children was working on sowing seeds of maize. I was taking photos of children and found Super MoidiB sitting alone on soil. When I get closer to her, surprisingly I witnessed that she was doing “playing house” alone with a bowl like a 3 years old girl. She was talking to herself, “Here, food is ready! Eat! Umm, it’s so yummy! No, it’s not true. I can’t eat it because it’s soil, he, he, he:)))” I got stunned. She lives in Dream at the age of 19. Perhaps, some might say that it’s just “childish”; some might say that it’s just “stupid”; some might say that it’s just “ridiculous” to do it at the age of 19. Yet I would rather ask you “how many people at the age of 19 can do playing house alone all over the world?” All grown-ups were once children. I say that she has “Child-ness”, which is different from “childish” in my definition. I define that childish means “immature” while Child-ness does “innocent”. It’d be better to have a “Child” in your heart to live life lively. My Super Pretty MoidiB preserve a child at the age of 3 years in her heart, that’s why her prettiness is so pure and innocent that I can’t help adding the prefix “Super”.
A couple of years ago, my adorable French teacher, Madame Queyroux wrote me an email saying:

« Bonjour D@igo,  Tel le Petit Prince de ST Exupéry tu vas de planéte en planéte, tu voila donc en Afrique! (Hello D@igo, like the Little Prince of St. Exupéry, you travel from planet to plane. Yes! You are now in Africa!) »

 The Little Prince in my heart might have brought me to Africa! Thank you, my little Prince!

Toutes les grandes personnes ont d’abord été des enfants. (Mais peu d’entre elles s’en souviennent.) - All grown-ups were once children (but few of them remember it.)




No comments:

Post a Comment